Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sugar Bowl 88: SUMMER!

For this Sugar Bowl Thursday 
we have a fabby sketch from Gayle with the theme of Summer!

To win 4 Sugar Nellie stamps of your choice
please remember to follow the sketch and use a Sugar Nellie image :)

Here's my Summer card
I've used a digital image, Summer, for my card today as I think she is perfect for the theme. Colored with copics. For her skin, I added a bit of yellow for the sunny reflection. What I really like about these adorable images is that the shadows are there, no need to guess where to shade. 

Added glitter on the water and sand. Sorry it is not showing in the photo. Gel pen for the (water) waves. Birds and flowers on her dress were drawn/colored with colored pencils. I used fishnet for the lower panel. Painted and sanded the starfish and shells to make them look a little old as they were originally silver. I originally wanted to put scattered pearls around the card (to go with the ocean theme) but decided on sewing them on the flower centers. I just scattered dew drops on the DP (My Mind's Eye) for water droplets effect. Flip flops from my stash bought years ago from our local bookstore. They're the last pair I have. 

We're taking a break so this challenge will run for 4 weeks.
So you have time to get those entries in.
The new fairies are so cute. 
You can choose them as your prize if you like. (wink)

Thank you for stopping by and for any comments you may leave!
Please check out the rest of the Sweeties Summer cards!
Have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

Elaine said...

Fabulous Lilian!
Awesome colouring as always, and your embellishments are perfect!

Big hugs
Elaine xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

A absolutely gorgeous card, Your colouring is outstanding I like the twine and the embellishments.
Kevin xx

Fiona said...

wow...fabby card...love the colouring, it's amazing!!

Fi
x

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's much appreciated! :)