Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sugar Bowl 83: Your favorite Sugar Nellie stamp

Hello! It's Sugar Bowl Thursday again!
We have Kiki's sketch today with the option of using your favorite Sugar Nellie stamp

To win 4 Sugar Nellie stamps of your choice
please remember to use a Sugar Nellie image


Here's my take on the sketch
I have no particular favorite image as I love them all! But for this challenge, I used Pippi Longsocks. She is my mom's and a certain SB sweetie's favorite. (wink) I do LOVE her cute rubber shoes! I wanted her to have a denim skirt and then I decided I wanted a "denim card".

Pippi was colored with Copics, cut out and mounted on 3d foam. I applied Viva liner glitter on her wings.  For the card base, I used dark blue cs and stamped a denim background on it. I also did some paper piercing along the edges, I hope you can see it. I threaded the twine in some of the holes. Text and flowers are PTI. 

For the insides, I just did a repeat of the front. I do love the look of denim and will probably do cards like this again someday. Sentiment (Teresa Collins) was stamped on rustic cream cs. "LIFE" was glittered in red. "Always leave enough room in your LIFE to do something that makes you happy, satisfied or even joyous - Paul Hawken"

Note taking space. I wanted some red in there. The scalloped part is rustic cream paper and the center is white. 
The original length of the blue cs was 8 1/4". I then scored at the part where the cs would be square on top of the white base, 5 3/16". The left over 3 2/16" I folded to use as a pocket. I hope that made sense. Stamped denim bg and borders. Stamped the floral image. I cut out the upper portion of the floral image for a shaped pocket. I just stamped more flowers behind the pocket because the overall image looked a little short. Then I taped the lower portion to secure the pocket.

The flower card opens up so you can write more stuff inside. I used a cream base so the middle portion would show up. Card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"white cs base.

Thank you for stopping by and for any comments you may leave!
Please check out the rest of the Sweeties gorgeous cards!
Have a wonderful Thursday!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Lilian...I have been trying to leave you a comment all day! The comment box appears but wouldn't let me write anything so I hope this publishes ok?
Right, back to what I'm here for..that's some seriously stunning card you've created! Awesome colouring as always and I love the denim look!
Please tell your Mom that she has excellent taste, and it's a good job we live so far apart or I would be sneaking that card that away with me :)
Love Elaine xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card and what an adorable image.
luv
Debby

Fiona said...

awesome card Lilian...fabulous colouring!!

Fi
x

Lisa Lynn said...

Wow- when I saw your card I just loved it, your coloring is amazing! Such an inspiration!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's much appreciated! :)